“1，1，1，2—四氟乙烷”或同类化学产品多用于车载空调系统，也可用于商用建筑、民宅等固定空调系统。中国输美制冷剂案始于去年10月，美希氟化工有限公司提出申诉，宣称中国企业获取不当政府补贴在美倾销，要求发起“双反”调查。根据美国商务部上月公布的终裁结果，中国输美该类制冷剂产品的倾销幅度为280.67%，得到的政府补贴幅度为1.87%至22.75%。本次北京金诚同达律师事务所携手美国德凯律师事务所（Grunfeld, Desiderio, Lebowitz, Silverman & Klestadt LLP）代理中国行业进行无损害抗辩。在极端不利的情况下，中美律师在中国企业的配合下，就无损害进行了艰苦卓绝的抗辩，并最终取得了胜利。
November 12, 2014
News Release 14-114
Inv. Nos. 701-TA-509 and 731-TA-1244 (Final)
Contact: Peg O’Laughlin, 202-205-1819
1,1,1,2-TETRAFLUORETHANE (“R-134a”) FROM CHINA DOES NOT INJURE U.S. INDUSTRY, SAYS USITC
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is not materially injured or threatened with material injury by reason of imports of 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluorethane (“R-134a”) from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce has determined are subsidized and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chairman Meredith M. Broadbent, Vice Chairman Dean A. Pinkert, and Commissioners David S. Johanson and F. Scott Kieff voted in the negative. Commissioners Irving A. Williamson and Rhonda K. Schmidtlein voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the USITC’s negative determinations, no antidumping or countervailing duty orders will be issued on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluorethane (“R-134a”) from China (Investigation Nos. 701-TA-509 and 731-TA-1244 (Final), USITC Publication 4503, November 2014) will contain the views of the Commissioners and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available after December 15, 2014. After that date, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Office of Industries
Washington, DC 20436
1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane from China
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-509 and 731-TA-1244 (Final)
Product Description: 1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane (HFC-134a or R-134a) is a clear, colorless liquid or gas, which is gaseous at normal atmospheric conditions. The chemical formula for R-134a is CF3-CH2F, and the Chemical Abstracts Service (“CAS”) registry number is CAS 811- 97-2. R-134a is mainly used as a refrigerant for air conditioning (“A/C”) systems. It is the primary refrigerant in mobile (e.g., automobile) A/C systems and can be blended with other chemicals for use in stationary refrigeration systems. R-134a is also used as a propellant in pharmaceutical, household cleaning, and foam expansion products.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigations: Final antidumping and countervailing duty.
2. Petitioner: Mexichem Fluor, Inc., St. Gabriel, LA.
3. Investigations instituted by USITC: October 22, 2013.
4. USITC hearing: October 15, 2014.
5. USITC vote: November 12, 2014.
6. USITC notification of Department of Commerce: November 24, 2014.
1. Number of U.S. producers in 2013: 3.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Delaware, Louisiana, and Pennsylvania.
3. Employment of production and related workers in 2013: (1)
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments in 2013: (1)
5. Apparent U.S. consumption in 2013: (1)
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption in 2013: (1)
U.S. Imports in 2013:
1. From the subject country during 2013: (1)
2. From other countries during 2013: (1)
3. Leading source during 2013: China (in terms of total value).
(1) Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.
# # #